Saturday, November 6, 2010

UKC Rally Day Two

It's hard to believe that day two could be better than day one, but it was!  Poor Trace, another NQ due to the stand.  UKC standards for judging seem to be much sterner than AKC and because I had to place him in the stand and not do just a signal and/or a light touch, he NQ'd.  The judge was so nice, she went over all the dogs score sheets with me after to offer advice and said it was a shame because he only lost 2 points on the rest of the course.  We will try again tomorrow.  Harold had another good run and ended the day with a 94 and 4th place for his 2nd leg!  Jam redeemed his handler and today pulled a 97 with a 2nd place!  I was so proud of my boys, especially Harold who hasn't been worked seriously in 6 months.  Of course it's always especially sweet when Jam pulls out a good performance.  I love that boy.  Did I mention the placement rosettes?  Yea I'm a ribbon slut, so what? ;-)
I also won a wonderful basket full of goodies in the raffle, so it was definitely a great day at the dog show!
Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment