Monday, November 1, 2010

SIOUX FALLS REPORT - DAY 2

What?  It's morning already?  What the heck happened to sleep?  After another round of coffee at the Kum and Go, off we went.  Day 2 was great!  Again I played support staff.  Did I mention that John and Sahra let me groom Bejing on Friday and Saturday?  It felt wonderful to be grooming a smoothie again.  Poor Bejing, he took it like a man and stood for all my fussing around.  I did see him look at John more than a few times with that "save me from this fool" look. 
It was a great day for my dogs too.  Spice had another run at Novice obedience and cleaned up her stand with a perfect performance.  No feet moving at all!  Yea!  She had another fun day too.  Better performance on the on leash performance but worse on off leash today.  Good recall, but again no sit in front, no finish.  It was my fault on the finish because instead of telling her to swing, I gave the signal.  Bad, bad handler.  She did her long sit until about 15 seconds to go and then laid down.  And on the long down made it halfway thru and then came to me.  I was happy that Dan Herald was our judge because he has at the very least a good sense of humor.  When we didn't qualify he looked at me and I said, well at least we both had a good time.  He laughed and told me that "yes, it was a good fun match" to which I replied, "yes, but an expensive one".  Rally Novice B went much better, but I wasn't sure Mr. Herald would laugh or cry when he saw me again.  Spice was hindered by an overanxious, uptight, idiot of a handler and still managed to qualify with a 94 and 4th place.  In all honesty, I was not happy with the score--I felt it was high.  I would have given her a low 80's.  Apparently the judge knew the dog could do it and gave her the benefit of that knowledge.  I'm sure if he could have scored me seperately he would have NQ'd the handler. :-) 
Trace qualified for his 3rd leg and RN title with a 98 and a 3rd place!  I was proud of Trace, he did it in three shows and although his first 2 legs were prettier, he tried his best and once again outshined his handler.
After a short shopping trip around the vendors we headed back to Jean's for a yummy supper of turkey and taters.  By now I needed a caffeine i.v.
Onward to day 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment