Sunday, October 2, 2011

HIC

Yesterday I loaded the car up and we went herding.  Did a little subtraction/addition work at the Jola household and Sahra and I were off with 6 dogs to the Collie Club of Minnesota's Herding Instinct Certificate testing.  It was held at Joanna Yund's place and I give her top grades for her set up and her livestock.  The sheep were perfect for entry level dogs and some very lovely puppies that Denice Gray brought.  And no, I did not stuff one of them in my coat to bring home, tempting as it was, love that sable boy...
I am very pleased to announce that Spice, Declan and Reid all passed along with John and Sahra's crew of Bryce and Musca.  Amy supplied a few of the Oak Knoll Collies and I got to watch pieces of Lyra, Gibbs, Booth and Gideon perform.  Gideon was fabulous, that boy might not heel, but he sure herds.  :-)
Reid and Bryce were entered today in a herding trial up in WI, Sahra was off to that by herself as I had to go to IL to place of the rescues in his adopted home.  Matt now has a home and kids of his own.  I'm still waiting on results of the trial .
Amy Ross took some great photos and video and I've bootlegged both to post here.  Thanks Amy!
REID 
SPICE
DECLAN

"DECLAN"     Oak Knolls Riverton, HIC

"REID"     Int/Ntl Ch. Maiwae's Allstar Singular Sensation,RN,HT,HIC

"SPICE"           Int Ch. Oak Knolls Pumpkin Spice, RN,TT,HIC
                                           
Spice is Reid's mom.  I'll be breeding Declan to Spice in early 2012 for some more awesome "do it all" dogs!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment