Sunday, October 23, 2011

Oh my achin' butt

Too much driving!  However my sore rear end resulted in Maverick getting to Minnesota to his new foster/possible adoptive home and Rudy to his foster home in Illinois.  And since we were already in Dubuque, Spice and Calvin got run thrus on obedience at the Petsmart there.  Looking good is all I can say--fingers crossed for Bloomington in November!
Harvest is in full swing on the farm.  It makes for very noisy days between the combine, the tractors moving grain wagons and the dryers going at the bins.  The dogs are all pooped out from "helping" while I was gone today.  Trace was a brat (or brilliant because he would have had to have learned it from Glitter) and un-wove the bottom of his kennel door to escape.  Thankfully he doesn't go anywhere and is savvy enough to stay out of the way of the farm traffic.  I wonder if I ran an electric wire on the bottom of the kennel if that would keep him from being a houdini, and would that work for Glitter too...hmm....
At least Charlie has stopped digging in his kennel, perhaps my last threat worked, or he is just tired of digging to nowhere.  :-)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment