Saturday, June 30, 2012

The M & M Girls

I picked up the Collie pups today and they are adorable!  I've named them Maya and Miri.  Poor babies had to have a bath as they threw up on each other and then ?played in it?  :-)  They've met all the older dogs and Spice and Maya has already taken up a bit of the "bark at the kitten" routine.  Maya thinks Arnold Kit-Kit is wonderful fun, Arnold is not so sure about this miniaturized version of what he usually sees. 
I'm sure they will not be with me long.  They are outgoing, fairly fearless and just want to be adored and played with.  Miri is doing great at the whole crate training thing, Maya has made her displeasure over being contained frequently known.  And then when she doesn't get her way she puts her head on her paws and pouts. 
Tomorrow I'll work on pics or video, they will get collars put on and we'll start some leash work.  Which reminds me that Ava and Cruz both need some work on gaiting.  Well, Ava needs work on gaiting--or at least keeping 2 feet in contact with the ground.  Cruz is still working on accepting the fact that in life there are collars and leashes and at various times he will need to wear them and walk at the same time.  I see all this taking place very early as it doesn't look to cool off for a while now. 
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment