Sunday, April 25, 2010

THE LATEST AND GREATEST FROM WATERLOO

This day did not start off well at all. First of all at 4:30 am it was raining, ugh, more wet dogs. And a cold wind. I dug out my winter coat and gloves again. Sahra and I headed out a bit before 6 a.m. and got oh about 100 feet from the end of my driveway. The serpentine belt on her van came off, thankfully it didn't break, just came off. We were back in the house at 6:10 a.m. I have simply the greatest landlords in the world and after waiting until a reasonable and respectful 8:30 a.m. time, I called and Rick came out and put it back on. Between 6:30 and 8:30 Jean, Sahra and I took a quick run into Manchester and had a hugely yummy breakfast at the local eatery.
Unfortunately, we weren't able to get back on the road until after 9:30 and by then it was too late for Sahra and Camille in Open, Sahra and Bryce in Rally Advanced and Sahra and Calvin in Smooth Collies. Basically, her day would have tanked totally if the belt had actually broken, but it was salvagable even without the chance at some more Q's and points. While we were all in transit, getting there and transitioning dogs, alot happened. Mary and Beyla earned her first Open leg, Mac got a 3rd in Open Juniors, Mary and Lucy missed a Q in utility by a glove retrieval (ooohhh so close!) and Amy and Lyra had WB in Rough Collies! Big congrats to Amy, Mary, Beyla and Lyra, as well as Mac for getting the MOJO going this a.m.!
Cardigans showed early this afternoon. Diana and Mac's Jenna was a bit naked so Amy and I tried to "add" coat. Well it must have worked because Jenna was BOB today over 2 other specials. We had 2 great judges this weekend and it was so gratifying to have a judge today that would overlook some missing hair and recognize the true quality of this dog.
More great news in Cardi-land today too, Diana showed Bode to WD, Jean and Flip were RWD. I asked Mac to show Rumor today and she was gracious enough to do so and went WB/BOW for another point. Bode was also best Bred-By today. I stayed for groups since I'm so close to the show site and watched a very professional looking pair of Mac and Jenna in group, followed by Diana and Bode in bred-by group where they had a Group 4.
Such an absolutely fabulous show weekend for all of us. No, they are not all like this, but it's been a very long time since I haven't had a hugely great time at a dog show, even without doing any winning. Winning is the icing on the cake!
So thanks to all my friends for making this weekend so much fun--I'm looking forward to the next go-round!
Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. yes a great weekend -Oh so good to be home and sleep in my opwn bed tonight. It is amazing to watch Flip this weekend and boy he know just what to do now. I hate to say this but last thursday he was not comnpletle leash broke.

    It is great when you show to judges that know quality when they see it and reward that quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again Judy. Sounds like a good time overall, well except for the vehicle issues.

    ReplyDelete