Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chain Link and other building thoughts

Well not really, I'm very happy about all the chain link stuff out by the garage right now. I started taking down the kennel runs that we put in, July 08. They've served their purpose but it's time to upgrade. 2 winters including all the snow and wind we had this past winter really took it's toll on the welded wire and t-posts. And of course there are major upgrades being put in place for inside the "kennel" aka garage.
I've been spending some time thinking about the best usage of what I have now in order to keep what I need to get down to the bare minimum. I think 4 - 10 foot sections and 2 - 6 ft gates will be enough to give me what I need. What I have currently is going to become the cardigan kennels which I'll set up inside the existing dog yard. They won't have indoor/outdoor runs, only covered tops and dog houses, but it's not like they are out in inclement weather anyway. :-) I might have to purchase one more 6x6 panel to finish it all off, not sure yet. It's kind of like putting together a jigsaw puzzle.
Along with that I have a really cool idea for the front porch that only needs 2 more sections of lattice, a few 2 x 4's and a bucket of white exterior paint. And I'm off to Menard's on my Friday lunch break to pick up the lumber, etc for the whelping box.
I can see it now.. power tools and wood, and the cell phone hotline to Jean so she can talk me thru all these projects. Good thing she understands it when I say "the whatchajigit doesn't fit into the thingamajig." Gotta love great friends!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment