Saturday, November 3, 2012

Joy

Cruz is one of the Hobblets here at the farm.  He is just one of those really soft dogs that takes everything to heart and is a slow emotionally maturing dog.  For the past 5 months he has been just hanging out being a dog and not having much asked of him other than the very basics in good manners.  I started him on chamomile twice a day in his food and ten days ago started him on a calming blend of essential oil as well as using a diffuser of the same oil near his crate.  I got a bit teary eyed this afternoon when we had a breakthrough.  He has been great about seeking attention when I'm sitting but not when I'm standing and he won't interact with myself and other dogs at the same time.  Today in the yard surrounded by the other young and definitely rambunctious dogs, Cruz actually joined in the group milling about my legs for attention and petting.  He even pushed a couple of the dogs away to get closer to me.  And he jumped up on me for pets, wagging his tail and then let me rub and pet him from tip of the nose to the end of his tail.  It seems like such a small thing, but for Cruz it was a joyous day of firsts.

No comments:

Post a Comment