Saturday, November 24, 2012

End of Fall

I don't know what the calendar says about when Fall ends and Winter begins but I know winter is just around the corner.  Today the first load of cattle left the farm.  Yep, cows arriving=spring begins and cows leaving=fall ending. 

On the dog front, Lena has moved on to new beginnings.  We did our part together, learned some basics and worked through some minor issues and I am happy to know she is off to more wonderful things to come.  I'll be taking Ava and baby Theo into Cedar Rapids tomorrow for some social time.  Theo is definitely ready to go to his new home.  Cruz made huge strides today with his first day of wearing his harness.  So far so good, he is relaxing on a dog bed right now after walking around with it on.  Tomorrow I'll see about attaching a short leash to it.  Once he can walk easily on a leash with the harness I can comfortably have him neutered and he'll be ready to go to his new home too.  Cruz will need a very special place to go and it will probably take a while to get him there, but we are making big strides together so I'm not complaining. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment