Thursday, May 31, 2012

Key City and Other Miscellani

Last weekend was fun, fun, fun although not in the sun.  It was storming when I left at 2 am and continued past the Minnesota border.  I was lucky enough to be able to back up to an open air shed and set up both the dogs and my tent under it for the weekend.  So we all stayed dry for the festivities.  Lemmy hogged the airbed but proved to be a very good tent camper.  The rest of the crew did a great job of behaving.
Becky and her grandson Caleb joined us on Sat. and brought a delicious lunch including homemade pickles of which I made a pig of myself on.  Caleb walked dogs for me which was awesome, especially since he got Charlie to potty on leash, a huge accomplishment that I have yet to duplicate.  Peppi, Mary and Brian hung out under the building for the afternoon and we all had a great time playing with the puppies, going over them and chatting up a storm.  Which of course we also had a bit of stormy mother nature as well, but nothing horrid thankfully.
Declan was reserve winners on Sat to Gus and we all had a great time and missed the rain by "that much".  On Sunday Declan was Winners Dog for 2 points, leaving him in the 1 point to finish club.  Again, a lovely fun time followed by a quick dash to strap all the crap back down on the SUV and head out as the weather had turned hot and horribly humid.  With no a/c in the car and dogs outside at home I wanted to get the heck outta dodge as soon as possible. 
I did come home one dog heavier.  Well not much heavier, as he is just a puppy.  Becky was kind enough to let me bring home the tri smooth boy from the Hobbs-Sally litter, so he will now be known as Northern Oaks Maiwae Wide Receiver aka Cruz (or Cruiser as he is quickly becoming).  He is one week to the day younger than Ava so I will be having oodles of fun in the fall showing them. 
There will also be another set of pups here at Maiwae following Spice's litter that is due July 15th.  Sahra and I are leasing a wonderful girl to breed to Declan.  I'll have details later on but would expect those pups to be here by Sept. if all goes as planned. The latest foster here will be meeting her potential adopter in another week, she has been a great dog to have and will be the last foster until Fall and all the puppies are on the ground and older. 
And to finish, more good news I start my new job in town with that wonderful 15 min. drive on Monday.  Woo-Hoo!  No more driving for 2 hours a day to work!!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment