Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tryin' Again

It's hard to believe that on June 13th, Baby Reid will be two years old.  I think he will always be Baby Reid to Sahra and I, even though I can just lift him onto a grooming table.  Reid turned out just lovely and has charmed nearly everyone that has met him.  And I am happy and somewhat disgruntled :-) that he has a new bestest friend that he loves more than me and Sahra combined.  That would be Sahra's son, Lance.  Dang fickle dogs.  

As usual I have changed mental lanes without signaling, that wasn't my original thought process on this post.  Oh and on another side note, latest foster Collie, Lacey went to her new home in WI today--what a wonderful match, it made me teary eyed happy to see her and her new owner together.  I'm probably going to take a break from fostering for a few months - see the next paragraph for details!

Since the Baby is nearly two I have decided to go ahead and breed Spice again and she surprised me by deciding to come into season now instead of my anticipated July-ish date.  She will be re-bred to Bryce (Reid's daddy) in the hopes that this time around we get some GIRLS--note to Bryce--GIRLS please!  When she first came into season I was happy because that meant a break between Spice's puppies and the planned Lolli and Splash babies.  Apparently Lolli is uncooperative and decided that if her sis was going to be a mom, by golly she wasn't going to wait and is about a week behind Spice.  This may turn out to be a good thing because if Spice had her way she would have those babies, ship them to Lolli and go back to her business of being, well being Spice.  She's not a bad mom, she does really well until about 4 weeks and then it's, "hey I did my part, your turn now".  I guess I now know my potential summer schedule--which is okey dokey because after Declan finishes I have a long wait until Avie-baby is ready to show.  On a very, very happy note, if Spice has her puppies I'll have 2013 National Specialty class puppies to show!  Of course Sahra will have to groom them, but then that's the agreement--right Sahra?? ;-)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment