Wednesday, November 16, 2011

TGiving Looms

Holy cow--Thanksgiving is but a week away!  Where is my coupon for the turkey?  Oh well, why cook a turkey when so many nice buffets provide both meal and clean up.  :-)  This year AJ (who will read this and finally know what the plan is since she hasn't been let in on the goings on) and I will likely eat out.  Maybe we will find a good movie to go to, but definitely low key and fun.  Kim and Ben will probably do the same in Tennessee since Scott is going to be gone with the high school basketball team.  The only really disappointed ones will be the dogs who I'm sure would approve of a turkey made just for them. 
I think I forgot about the looming holiday with all the dog goings on.  Monday I dropped Glitter and Calvin off to their homes in WI, left Hobbs to breed Musca at Sahra and John's, and met up with Jack's new foster dad.  On Saturday the dawn of the day will find me sitting in the parking lot in Shakopee waiting to drop Declan off for Brian to show for a while, picking up two geriatric dogs who will retire with the rest of the aged crew on the farm, do a meet and greet for Willow and pick up Hope to bring home.  At least I think that's what is supposed to happen.  I need a score card or a map or schematic or something to keep track!
Eventually Hobbs will return home only to head back to MN for another breeding.  He's in demand after producing such nice puppies in 2009 and 2010.  I am looking forward to a couple of his babies running around in 2012. 
I still haven't gotten the tarping of the kennels completed, something about all the wind this week has dampened my enthusiasm for the task.  Although I did drag a hose out to the burn pile and got rid of garbage and some dried up weeds pulled early this fall.  With it still so dry around here I keep a hose handy.  Talked to Becky today and she had mini-flurries up north of the Twin Cities.  She can keep it! 
Baths scheduled for tomorrow, ugh.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment