Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just Useless Stuff :-)

Off to the north, well okay, North Dakota, but it IS north of Iowa! Hopefully there will be good news to post at the end of the journey along with the usual fun stuff. Peppi, Jean and I will have our hands full with the Collies followed by the Cardigans. I heard rain, so I packed a couple of umbrellas. Whenever I'm not prepared for rain it happens, so I'm hoping that by being prepared this time the rain will run the other way. I took a week of vacation for this show so no matter the outcome I'm looking forward to some relax and veg time. This will be the last dog show until fall for me since Spice is pregnant and I have another week of vacation scheduled around her delivery and a week with the puppies. I've asked for maternity leave but my boss just looked at me and walked away. I think I heard her laughing her head off in her office. Sahra is being so wonderful and taking Spice for the week, of course I had to threaten her to get her to do that for me--haha NOT! I think if I left Spice there too long I'd loose my dog. Bella is going for a trial run at a new home, so we'll see how that works out. The rest of my dogs get to spend the week at Camp Runge in the a/c kennel being spoiled by Don. And yes, I suspect that Don does spoil them. Maybe not with Maddy, I think she annoys him, but then, she annoys the vast majority of those she meets. Oh and Harold might be a bit of a pill. He's such a baby. Jam of course goes with me. I think he might need to get one of those Emotional Support dog vests and become my assistance dog. Somedays I don't know what I'd do without that ugly brown dog. Just being with him makes me happy. Same with Trace-face, I almost can't go a day without him a-roo-rooing to me. Rumor will do her show dog thing and then pout about it. I have got to find her something else to do while we are on "maternity leave". I found a nice conservation park near here, I so wish I still had Murphy's tracking stuff (lost in the flood), cause I think Rue might like tracking.
Uh oh it's after 10 p.m. I gotta get my happy ass to bed, tomorrow is a long day of driving and it's supposed to rain. Ugh.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment