Thursday, June 10, 2010

6 DAYS

Hmm...realized last night that perhaps the whelping box project was really, really well built. Insert "heavy" in place of well built. And it's big. Apparently I was thinking Spice needed the cadillac of whelping areas. Oh well, there's room for me to squeeze in and sit there with the puppies too. Of course, it also barely fits into the bedroom. Spice seems to like it, she was in and out and in and out after I put the finishing touches on the xpen and drapes. Gotta keep those drafts off the puppies. At some point I'll have to take pictures of the maternity ward. Thanks to big old farm houses with big old rooms with wood floors or I'm not sure where I would have put her. Sahra and I had a long talk last night about our anxieties of Spice delivering too soon, something I don't anticipate, but of course my worry-button has been activated. Apparently she's pyschic and picked up on that because she's been worrying too. However, Spice looked at me last night and basically gave me the "don't worry mom, I've got it handled" look. She ate like a horse last night too and actually had a short romp in the yard before she gave up and found her favorite spot in the yard. She loves to lay on the lower part of the sidewalk and oversee the other dogs playing and has a good overall look of the farm and that dang road a 1/4 mile away. One never knows when a car might drive by and has to be "chased". Go figure. :-)
So all is well with 6 days to go. Xrays tomorrow a.m. and I can hardly wait. I am revising my previous notion of 8 puppies down to 4-5. But as long as they are big and healthy I don't care if it's 2, oh and there has to be a non-blue GIRL for Sahra. :-)
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment