Thursday, June 17, 2010

BABIES

The tri girl
The Sable Boy and Tri Boy

Spice and Bryce's babies arrived on Sun. 6/13/10. There were 7, sadly 4 were born dead. If they had all lived we would have had our true rainbow litter, there were sables,sable merles and a blue merle. Right now we have 1 tri boy, 1 sable white factored boy (a Bryce lookalike) and 1 tri girl. Our little girl was born 5.2 ounces but as of today is 7.7 ounces. She had a rocky day today, but this evening seems to be rallying. She has two little dots of white that sit apart and just below her white collar. I call them angel kisses, because she is surely been blessed thru to this point.
Sahra (Bryce's owner and the co-breeder of the litter) drove from LaCrosse to Peppi's home north of St Paul and the two of them have been here since Friday night. They are my rocks and I have dubbed Peppi as "Collie Midwife Extrodinaire". Without them I'm not sure it would have gone as well as it did.
I've included pics of the boys and the girl taken on Tues. I didn't have time today to get more pics, but will post as the days progress. Right now I'm on sleep deprivation and it's almost time for overnight puppy watch.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment