Sunday, March 28, 2010

QWAYNT'S SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT

We definately had Something To Talk About this weekend. It was Rumor's first weekend out in the show world. On Sat. she just was not too sure this was such a great idea that mom had. I'm sure she was thinking something along the line of..."Oh terrific, I get to sit in a crate, it's noisy so I can't really nap, there is NOTHING to do in here, I get dropped onto a table and sprayed with various smelly items, walked around in this really odd world, asked to potty in a pen with sawdust (puhleeze, like I'm gonna do that!) and then mom thinks I'm going to stand and look pretty???"
At any rate Rumor performed like a puppy in her first show. She did okay. She moved around most of the ring, there was the brief appearance of the "mule" act, folded like a cheap suit on the table before I got her stacked up and won her class of one. :-)
Today was a much better story. By this time she is still bitchy about the whole boring crate thing, and still not happy about the smelly spraying stuff but she became her true self after a few walks around. Puppy class was pretty good, much better than the day before and she didn't fold on the table. She even had ears for the judge. Okay, by this time I'm feeling like I have a show dog and hey we will get some kind of ribbon again today. Then we won the class and I was happy-I met my goal of winning the class. At this point I'm so nonchalant about the whole thing I almost forget about Winners. The next time in the ring Rumor really has it figured out and gets some more speed up on the go arounds. This makes me really happy because I see a few tail wags and she's taking bait and using her ears. Success! I'm then made supremely happy by going WB! Woo Hoo--Go Rumor! At this point all I can think is great, we get another shot at having a good ring experience during BOB. By now Rue has found her inner show dog and I'm having to pick up the pace with a few running steps, she's giving ears and stacking herself up pretty well. We need to work on back feet, but hey I'm not going to complain at all. In the end she goes BOS and that makes it a 2 point win. Holy Cats Batman! I am tickled beyond belief.
Thank you thank you thank you to Sahra, Amy, Diana and Mac for your support this weekend. Special thanks to Diana and Mac for today's encouragement and show lead loan. And of course a big CONGRATULATIONS and HUGS for Rue's breeder and co-owner Jean! Thanks Jean for placing two of your best with me. First Trace and now Rumor...how can I say thank you enough? Perhaps a lifetime supply of chocolate??
Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there to see it .Great that the little girl now has 2 points.
    Family matters do come first.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Judy! Sounds like your little girl is well on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Judy!! sounds like it was a really good day today!

    ReplyDelete