Friday, October 26, 2012

Fall

It might be Fall.  The calendar says it should be and today it is nearly winter-y outside.  The air is just a bit on the brisk side this morning, the sun is out, the sky that pale, crystal blue color that speaks more of winter than fall.  A sure sign that we haven't tipped into winter is the arrival of gravel trucks bright and early this morning.  I wonder when the sight of fresh gravel for the farm became such a joyous event.  Oh yes, after the last two downpours left a miniature version of the Great Lakes in the lane. 
With a predicted high of 45 degrees today and the ever present breezy conditions out here it is time to tidy up the smaller building so I can do training this winter.  The building is unheated and the floor is packed dirt but to polish up conformation basics and rally it will do nicely.  I need to move a few dog houses around and want to finish the chain link by the house so I can use that remaining kennel panel to put a fifth indoor/outdoor run in the garage.  Time to bundle up and get it done.
The big question is - Will I be able to find my winter mittens???

No comments:

Post a Comment