Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Another Try

After much thought I decided to revive the blog.  A new website will follow as soon as I can get myself more organized.  So it may be a while for the new website. :-)
This is a very self-centered view but I deserve to give myself another chance.  It is much easier to say to myself "to hell with it all" and exile myself to the farm.  That isn't a negative by the way, I truly love living out here and more days than not I wish I didn't have to leave even to go to town.  It's my little piece of peace. 
I've made so many mistakes in life, no doubt more than the average person and will continue to make more before I die.  This is something I have to accept, that I make mistakes, life goes on and I can quit beating myself up over those mistakes.  The biggest mistake I don't want to make is giving up the dogs that give me so much pleasure.  Life is short.  I don't know how to really get it thru to people just how short it really is.  One day you are here, the next you are gone.   At that point it's too late to say "shoot, wish I would or wouldn't have done that".
So I'm going to start again with the dogs.  Taya and Declan will be having babies sometime in mid to late October if everything goes well.  If it doesn't, I will try again.  The dogs will go out one by one and get finished Championships. I'll get them ring ready and with the help of a couple of dear friends and however else I can throw a dog at :-) they will get shown.  My knee may or may not come back to be able to show them, but they will get shown.  It'll be a slow process and I am going to enjoy it and not worry so much about getting things done.  What is the saying, "it's not the destination, it's the journey"?
Since there is little running to rally I'll work with the kids on that here and there.  Ava would love agility, we'll see if that is in our future or not.  I don't think Ava will give a hoot if she plays agility or not as long as I can play tug with her for fun.  There will still be some dogs going to new homes for their happiness. 
I'm going to start once again over in life.  But I do that about every week or so anyway.  My job is easy, as stress free as I want it to be (ie don't try to make the office run better, just do your job and collect your check), the hours are good (friday afternoons off) and I don't mind the one or two Sat a.m.s a month.  That's just more money to keep the dogs in food, right? 
So, join me again for more posts, some odd, some funny, some pathetic, but always being done Maiwae...

1 comment: