Thursday, December 22, 2011

New Job, New Issues

I have a new job!  Yea!  It's not rocket science but I get to collect a paycheck and benefits and walk away at the end of the day stress free, so I am not complaining.  The dogs are most disgruntled.  We are up by 5:30 a.m. now and I'm literally having to drag some of them off of the furniture to potty and eat breakfast.  Then there is the "confinement" of the elderly population in the bedroom.  I don't think they are dying in there, they have a sofa and 3 dog beds since none of them can make the leap onto the bed. 
The younger dogs have been banished (their word, not mine) to the kennels during the day.  I'm giving it about a 60% success rate after 4 days.  So far I have to repair one panel corner that has popped into two pieces.  I think it's the pull of the tarps and the direction of the wind.  Tarps on that one side will have to come down.  Trace hasn't stayed inside his kennel any day this week so I am considering moving his dog house to the house porch and leaving him in the house yard.  I knew I would have issues with Charlie who gets bored in about a millisecond, so I added another plastic jug, knuckle bone, toys and a frozen kong stuffed with goodies.  He still has dug himself into oblivion and has made a nearly completed "tunnel" between his kennel and Hobbs'.  This has caused Hobbs no small worry and he has managed to get his nose under the fence and scratch it all up.  Charlie may find himself in the yard with Trace.  Tori is most upset that her meal times have been adjusted.  Breakfast before 8 a.m.?  Dinner at 7 p.m.?  Are you nuts? 
Thankfully I managed to get the additional 2 tires on the car last weekend.  Can't be driving 90 plus miles a day on bald tires.  Or as it was discovered a rim with a rather large crack in it.  Dodged a bullet there.  And since a regular paycheck is on the horizon I put a snowblower on layaway.  I'm hoping that will be enough to keep truly measurable snow away for a while.  
Merry Christmas!  Until next time... 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Judy. I bet that takes a bit of worry off your mind.

    ReplyDelete