Sunday, June 26, 2011

IT WAS A GOOD DAY AT THE DOG SHOW...

Actually it was a good weekend at the dog show!  On Sat. Jean's baby Cardigan, Hoover was Winners Dog  for his first 3 pt major!  That's made 4 points/1 major in just two days of showing!  My Declan was Reserve and John's Musca also was Reserve.  But Splash made up for it by going in and taking another Select with John.  Rough Collies went well, the baby looked like a long legged, very out of coat baby and was last in his class.  Daddy Bryce with Sahra won the Open Sable class.  The ladies, Spice and Lolli duked it out in the Open Sable girl class and came out 2nd and 3rd respectively to a nice bitch owned by Michelle Struble.  Poor Lolli looks like she has been plucked by chickens, she desperately needs to regrow her coat for the fall shows.
The weather was dreary but not hot and we got a bit sprinkled on.  Jean and I took turns attempting to take pics with John's camera.  As usual I took 600 shots and got 2 good ones, which I might point out is a pretty decent average for me. I think I inherited my mom's talent for cutting off the head's of people.  Although I sure got the dogs into the shot, so there!  :-)
Local shows are always so much fun with exhibitors that I know from other breeds that I get to see only at local shows.   And I got to reconnect once again with old friends.  Time goes by but it's comforting to know that overall things don't change much and I believe most people that know me well understand that I tend to drift out and back into their lives. 
Today was another stellar day--the sun was shining and the day was hot but not humid.  A blessing for sure since Iowa City tends to be stormy and humid most years.  We began the day with Smooth Collies and Declan was Winners Dog and Best of Winners for 1 point, followed by John's Musca in girls with Winners for a point.  That put's Muscas at needing 2 points to finish.  John once again piloted Splash to a win, and came out with Best of Opposite Sex to Cody showing Carson for Best of Variety.  Onward to Cardigans where John showed Slick to Reserve Winners to the major.  Not to shabby for a dog with no coat at all and a happy tail.  I loved it when Slick decided every 20 feet or so to sit down and try and scratch off his collar.  Roughs were early this afternoon and I was dragging along.  Reid again was 3rd in his class but as usual had a blast showing.  Is there anything more endearing than a Collie that loves everything??  Our friends, Kellie and Roger Barry finished their boy, Refund, at the show today going Best of Winners to take the crossover major!  I was so happy for them and send huge Congrats again!  Rough girls was a repeat of Sat. but gosh Spice and I had a blast!  I love her so much and she and I have finally clicked together, which I think is because we have spent so much time working on obedience and agility together.  It's paying off with her breed ring performance for sure.  Mary Ebert had her girl Tanzie out in open blue class and won the class today!  It was Tanzie's first show and she handled it grandly.  Tanzie is a daughter of the much beloved, Toby and I can really see his movement and Tanzie's great granny, Crystal, in her.  I think Mary will have a good time with her for sure.  I also heard that our good friends up Minnesota way had a terrific time at the shows in Cambridge MN--way to go guys! 
It was a good couple of days at the dog show!  Now back to reality and off to clean kennels and mow lawn.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment