Friday, March 18, 2011

DECLAN

Poor Declan hasn't gotten much blog time and Amy sent me pics from the CC of MN shows.  So I figured a quick blog post to give him his due.  Declan just turned 11 months and will just be 1 year old at the Collie Club of America National Specialty in April.  At his vet appointment he weighed 62 lbs and that is nothing but pure muscle.  He is at this time, the fastest dog on the place.  He has a huge stride and is structurally so sound that he is like watching a gazelle.  Add to that his sweet, bouncy attitude and a drive for herding that makes me think he'll be going far in that arena.  I can't wait to watch him continue to mature and see what 2011 has in store for him.  He is shown in these pics with his handler, John Jola.

I love his reach and drive!  With that head level with his back he looks like he could work for hours without a break.

Where's the chicken?

10 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment