Wednesday, January 27, 2010

QUICK UPDATE

I asked myself today, what happened to January? The month is almost over and I think all I have accomplished is pushing snow around. Spring, spring, I long for spring. Except for mud, mud I can live without. Hmm...seems like I am never happy with the weather.
My statistics class started and I am finding it very interesting. All these years in medical billing and reporting and I had no idea just how much of statistics I've used. Mind you, I haven't known how to calculate things properly but somehow I have managed to use statistical calculations without knowing it. Another of life's amazing oddities.
Bella came into season a week ago. Oh joy. She is totally oblivious to the chaos she is causing. As predicted Trace now LOVES Bella heeheehee...Too bad, so sad Trace, not this time. Give her another year to grow up.
I spent the past weekend in Oshkosh WI. Yep, only true dog show people would travel in the winter to Oshkosh, b'gosh. Had a great time with Sahra and Amy and all the other Collie people. Met some facebook friends and put faces to names. Saw Michelle Tennis who still has my Riley's litter sister, Stormy. It was nice to chat with her. Long ago we bred her blue rough boy Isaac to a bitch. I also loved Isaac, a very sweet boy.
I owe a bucket full of thanks to Deb and Scott for watching my precious Jam and baby Rumor. Let's just say that the Spa Deb offers full service luxury for the doggies. They came home bathed, spoiled and in the case of Rumor, just a little more full of herself. Big hugs to them!
As usual when it comes to Amy there were loads of laughs! I think she is a bad influence, but she probably thinks the same about me. And I was happy to see that Jordie behaved for her on Sunday. I always get a mental picture of Amy flying out behind Jordie like a flag in the wind--apparently Jordie doesn't realize she is not a GSD. :-)
And lastly, Sahra and I have discovered that we both like at least 3 things too much. Collies, Mexican food and Gabbing. Yes, we are now looking for a 12 step program for Excessive Gabbers. Although Amy's suggestion was duct tape. So there was basically no sleep all weekend, except for my siesta in the chair at the show on Sun. a.m. Apparently I did NOT snore, but I was a little concerned I may have drooled. Amy took pics of Harold and his daddy Fletcher, I hope to post those later this week and I have at least one good shot of Spice and Sahra's Bryce.
So now it's on to working on grooming and training for Feb. MN Collie Club show. Winter had better be tucking itself away soon. Let us pray. :-)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment