Saturday, January 2, 2010

COWS ON THE MOVE

Apparently last night was only the prep work for the "cattle drive". This morning was the real loading time and it came dang early. 6 a.m. I hear Rick, Roni, Grandma Mary and Josh pull up and Rick get out the skid loader to move more snow and put some gravel down for traction. Of course once I am awake the dogs are all awake (with the exception of Jam who could sleep thru a force 5 hurricane unless someone said the word "cookie") and I had to let them outside. By the way, it's FRIGID here and at 8 a.m. it was -20 air temp. Yes, I cursed. Brought the dogs in, fed Rumor, gave everyone else a bribery cookie and put them in crates. Hence the need for bribery cookies. Maddy, Dora, Jam and I headed back to the cozy, now lukewarm bed and tried to catch another hour of snoozetime. Big ol' semi shows up at 7 a.m. and then we start to have off and then on, off and then on electricity. I am convinced the semi did it, but after a call to the REC find out they are working on a problem in the area. Finally give up and put on another pair of socks followed by a pot of coffee. Yes, I cursed, again. Yelled at the dogs to quiet down in the crates, cause they are not going out to bark at 7 a.m. at the semi, cows and company. The cow exodus was complete by 8 a.m. which at this point it is a balmy -16 degrees out.
After all the morning excitement I went to Independence to shop for something different to do. Picked up dog food and cookies, a few groceries and a couple of new books. Looks like a nice afternoon to cuddle up with a good book, a hot beverage and a warm dog on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment