Monday, January 23, 2012

What to do, what to do...

Okay we are going to try to enter the next set of Des Moines shows.  I can only imagine what the weather will be like in February, it certainly was par for the course this past weekend for the January shows.  Now to keep my fingers crossed that nothing more falls off the vehicle and messes up these plans.  I know for sure that I will enter one dog all four shows but am up in the air between Declan and Hobbs.  It's the age old dog show question of where will my entry money do the most good for my dogs?  Declan is showing the weekend before up at the Collie Club of Minnesota.  I have no expectations for him to finish up there based on the one judge.  It's not the judge's fault, it's just that I know Declan will not be her particular style.  The other judge would be more likely to enjoy him but winner's dog for that show won't finish him just because it won't be enough points.  So...do I enter him all four Des Moines shows, hope he finishes at one of them and then bump him up to special and start working on his Grand Championship...or...do I just enter him under the one judge that is most likely to find him in a large group of nice dogs...or..do I just say forget it and enter him later this year looking for his last couple of minor points?  I am dreading that he will end up in the "I need one more point to finish" club--I think the majority of show people hate being in that club!  Then there is Hobbs.  I just want to get him his Grand Championship and have no intention of specialing him indefinitely since I have dogs coming out later in the fall and those entry fee funds only go so far.  Four shows would be a good start to maybe pick up a select or two, maybe we would even get blessed with a "left behind" (go read the AKC requirements for a grand Ch--I'm going to have to carry them along with me just to keep track).  But to enter Hobbs and Declan both for all four shows just isn't really feasible.  So if Declan gets entered at some or all that means messing with who to enter Hobbs under.  I hate not to enter him since there should be a nice entry of smooths that weekend. 
What to do, what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment