Friday, January 27, 2012

Uh-Oh

Oh boy, I have successfully taught my conformation, wanna be a grand champion dog, to sit.  And sit he does, and does and does.  Of course at the same time my obedience dog has decided that an automatic sit is something that I have just pulled out of the blue and expect her to know and not something she actually knows and has done in the past.  Gads!  Three weeks to re-teach Hobbs to stand and look pretty.  But I see a few sits in there popping up unexpectedly.  Hobbs did get a bath and blow out today and he looks so pretty.  Got him trimmed here and there to make him more polished appearing and did his nails.  He was utterly unimpressed by all the fuss.
Three more dogs to go before mid next week.  Gem is headed to IL, Harold to WI and Kit to MN for various adoptions and meet and greets.  I hope to get in a couple of trips to see new puppies along the way.  Tri girls, tri girls, tri girls...that is my new mantra.  
Okay, so back to the drawing board--need the conformation dog to stand and the obedience dog to sit.  Good thing she's not entered anywhere this month!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment