Saturday, July 30, 2011

A WHOLE LOTTA NOTHIN'

There's a whole lotta nothin' goin' on here.  Oh sure, the daily chores, the ever present lawnmowing project, the Iowa Amazon (aka garden), but other than that, not a whole lot to be said really.  Beijing and I have been working steadily to train for his upcoming attempts at both this BN and CD titles.  Once he completes those titles he'll be heading back home.  I have attempted to make John forget he left Beijing here and was hoping he wouldn't request him back.  Yea right.  I am only placated by the promise of a Beijing baby down the road.  :-)
Some of my best laid plans for the summer kinda went south with the addition of the rescue Collies.  I put a few of my dogs on the back burner to get the others housebroken and some general manners.  That's been accomplished and now that all but 3 are spayed/neutered they are all officially available for adoption.  Now, I move on to my dogs.
Jam is an unbalanced dog with 2 BN legs, 1 U-RO1 leg and 1 RE leg.  Apparently my "puttering" has affected my ability to complete titles before moving on because now all he need is to perfect his stays and Jam is off to the CD ring.   Spice is also off balance with 1 BN leg and is actually ready (again) to attempt that CD.  With Spice it's always a tweak this, tweak that, try this, try that type of training.  It would have helped the poor girl if her mom didn't try and do trials before the dogs were truly ready.  Bad dog mom.  Then there are Harold, Reid and Trace just waiting in the wings for more rally and perhaps trying that BN.  In reality Trace only needs a solid stay and he's ready for CD work as well.  Reid is back in WI teaming up with Sahra to work on his BN--thanks Sahra! I've been dabbling with Declan and Charlie towards those RN titles.  But I'd like to get some more points on Declan before I switch gears and put that money towards rally.  Fingers crossed--it's 5 pt majors in Albert Lea--I'm not greedy, I'd settle for one--hahaha!   Charlie can't do anything until I get him registered.  He has a ABCA registration but I need to get him done in AKC and UKC.
If everything works out I'd also like to get Spice's U-CH and an Int. CH on Harold this year.  Hopefully as the rescues get adopted out I'll have more time to work with my kidlets and make some things happen.  But at the end of the day, with or without titles I sure am blessed and very happy to have the crew that I have. 

So while there is a whole lotta nothin' going on, there is a whole lotta too much going on as well.  No wonder I'm tired.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment