Friday, July 1, 2011

A FEW MORE THAN ONE

I just cannot let the day go by without complaining about it being HOT.  I realize that I live in Iowa and that having summer days like these isn't unusual.  I realize that once the heat is gone and we are back in the winter deep freeze that I will complain about it being cold.  Perhaps it's just human nature to complain about weather extremes.  Are we just not happy unless it's perfect outside?  Yes, that is it. 
The alarm clock was set for 3:30 this a.m. in the hopes that the daily low of 77 would be here and the dogs could run for a few hours.  Not so much.  It was somewhere around 84 degrees with a 94% humidity level.  It sucked the breath out of me when I opened the door.  And there was no breeze to be felt at all, a strange event at the farm.  Dogs went out in groups for an hour each and then back in.  They are fed now and I'm going to move them to the kennels for an hour or so while I run to town for groceries.  I'm thinking popsicles. 
See, it was a few more than one word.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment