Tuesday, April 26, 2011

And so it begins...

I got my week of rest post-National and now we are rolling again.  Monday brought herding lessons.  Bryce and Sahra looked really good and she's started naming the directions.  Beijing and I had focus issues.  I don't want to say which one of us was worse, but he did manage to settle in and do some nice turns.  It's mostly on my part being quick enough to block him so he learns to turn with a more subtle cue, then I can start naming his turns too.  Baby Reid was all go with a nice stop at the end.  We are going to work on WAIT and some kind of distinct signal this week.  If it would stop raining. 
And where are we off to next?  Spice and I are off to a UKC Conformation show to dip our toe into another venue.  Followed by a weekend of herding with Bryce, Beijing and Reid.  Time to finish off those first titles, as Declan re-starts classes next week.  And I still haven't tried Harold yet.  Charlie won't start until August, so that gives me time to get another dog or two on the road for HT's before I start yet another.  I desperately need my own stock. 
The local UKC club is doing a rally/obedience trial the next week but I have some plans and while I hope to enter date of show on one day, I'm disappointed that so much always is on the same weekends!  Ugh, I need to be two or three people LOL!  Good heavens, Key City is after that and I haven't figured out who is doing what.  No breed ring stuff, just some obedience and rally that weekend if I can swing it.  And we haven't even looked at June yet.  Although I have a couple of ideas that could make the month pretty full. 
Now I need a good dependable "kennel" sitter.  There are just some shows I cannot drag all 8 dogs along for.  So the search is on for someone willing to come and do chores twice a day and/or stay at the house especially for Maddy. 
Sahra and I have a breeding planned for late fall, check my webpage for details.  I am so looking forward to more babies.  Of course I already know what I want, a nice tri rough girl to call Nan, or maybe Fran.  Which means I will fall in love with another "ugly brown dog", no doubt white factored and male.  I guess the only plus to that would be the nice brace it would make with Reid.  But then again, showing Reid and a his counterpart might be a bit on the terrifying side.
Until next time...check back for updates...it's gonna be a busy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment