Sunday, December 12, 2010

WHAT'S NEW?

Yes, yes I know I am horribly behind in blogging our activities.  Since we are snowed in until Rick comes tomorrow to plow us out I got busy with some paperwork and then got bored with that--so here I am, blogging.  Here's the updates since the International shows.
Internationl Shows/Hutchinson MN:  Spice, Lolly and Trace all earned 4 V-1 ratings to receive their Int. Championships.  Trace also had one BOB.  Baby Reid went on a winning spree and sucked up a bunch of medals and rosettes from the Babyklasse (3-6 mo. olds) with 4 SG-1 ratings to earn both his National and Puppy International Championships and along the way had a Bred By Puppy Group 1 followed by a Bred By Puppy Reserve Best In Show for one show, and...2 Bred By Puppy Group 2's, one Bred By Puppy Group 3 and 4 Puppy Group 2's! 
The following weekend we all headed up to the Minneapolis KC shows (I don't even want to discuss the ICE issue, let's just say I was grumpy and irritated most of Sunday because of it), Declan earned his first major Reserve to Amy's Gideon and as usual Declan had a blast.  Everything he does is with total joy.  We then took a break and Aunt Judy and I took a trip to Memphis to visit Kim and family for Thanksgiving.  More on that to follow.
Back from TN and off to show again.  By this time I am totally sick of driving and wish at least one dog had opposable thumbs and a driver's license.  We were off like a herd of turtles to the great north, again, this time for obedience and rally.  My non-ending thanks to Peppi for housing us for so many visits this year and for her moral support.  (Not to mention her babysitting Harold and Declan during the TN trip).  This trip was worth it as Spice finished her RN and Jam earned two BN legs.  And we got to be there to watch Amy's return to the obedience ring and her marvelous performance with Zander for his first BN leg! 
This weekend we let everyone else have fun and on Friday I swapped out Declan and Lolly for Bejing and Reid while Sahra and John took the trip to St Cloud.  Again, a worthwhile trip but frankly I'm happy I'm missing the driving.  Declan was WD today for his first point!  And Lolly was WB in roughs today (at her 2nd AKC show--yesterday she was RWB) for her first point!  I could not be happier and know that Sahra is lighter than air now--she loves her Lolly girl.
That's it for 2010, options for 2011 remain open although the push is on to get more points on Spice and Declan and continue our training.  I was going to throw in an agility class but now I'm worried the weather will be uncooperative. 
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment