Sunday, December 26, 2010

Nearly the end of 2010

Holy cow!  2011 is rapidly approaching and I'm still trying to figure out what happened to 2010.  My grandma would tell me that as she got older the years went by more quickly.  Once again, grandma was right.  As I age I find that time zips by and I'm left wondering how I'm going to squeeze in tasks, chores, training and showing and not feel I've missed out on some little thing.  I did a pretty good job this year of squeezing it all in and with the last part of 2010 coming to a close I feel good about the year.  Yes, I do believe I will put 2010 down in the books as a good year.  I didn't want to say a great year because that puts too much pressure on 2011 to top it.
I continue to be blessed with my family--Kim is still healthy, Scott and she are happy and living in a wonderful TN community, Ben is 6, healthy, happy, full of the joy of life and not too old for a good snuggly hug (just don't try to kiss him!), Aunt Judy is doing good and her family is healthy and happy as well.  I have truly amazing friends who continue to plug along and alternately forgive my weirdness and kick me in the rear to get me back on track, especially dear Jean who continues to put up with me at least once a day.  And where would I be without my dogs?  Jam is my rock and best buddy even tho he hogs the bed, steals Ben's Christmas stocking candy and eats prune cakes off of the counter.  I love them all, except right now Declan has discovered that the Christmas tree has ornaments above his line of vision and has buried his nose inside of it to figure out what's what. 
What will 2011 bring?  Besides several feet of snow and the obligatory April tax return, I truly have no idea.  Plans have begun for the usual training classes and shows and heaven knows that "Wanted" list of titles continues to grow. 
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment