Sunday, May 16, 2010

Yup, she's preggers

Great news, all the signs of pregnancy are there for Spice! Her due date is June 16. I'll be getting some picks later this week. I kind of ran of out of oomph today. Yesterday was so busy, I'm working on sprucing up the indoor garage kennel runs. Love my new tools--especially that drill and it only took me about 30 mins to figure out how to make everything work with it. Stop that snickering! Got about 1/2 of the grass mowed, which anyone that's been out here can attest to the fact that there is alot of grass to push mow. Cleaned up the burn barrel area and put in some new metal flashing to expand the area. This worked out great because then I dug around in the garage and pulled out all the corrugated cardboard boxes that have accumulated in the past year and a half and got those burned. Yea, yea, ozone, pollutants, tell it to someone that lives closer to a landfill and has a truck. I burn my garbage, and I won't even begin to discuss what's buried in the big ol' hole out where there was a hog building. It's filled in now and Rick planted corn over it this year. If I start to glow in the dark after eating a few ears of sweet corn you'll know why. ;-)
All of the materials for the whelping box are on site now, this week when it's nice after work I'll finish sealing the wood and putting it together. As usual when I visit the Menard's I went a big over the top and it's going to be one solid, big structure. I think I'm going to have to actually assemble it in the bedroom--it won't fit thru the door all in one and I'm not even sure I could lift it in one piece. What the heck? It should last for puppies until I'm tired of having anymore litters. I'm a bit worried it might not be tall enough for the puppies, but I've already come up with an easy solution that can be added after the puppies get big and active. For now it's made so I can get in and out and over the sides without killing myself or pulling a muscle. These are important for those of us out of shape, getting way to old to crawl on the ground people.
I can't believe it's nearly 7 pm on Sunday--I want another weekend now! The good part is that on Mon, Tues, Thurs now I get to carpool and that means leaving work at 4 instead of 5--and heck the decrease in gas and pollutants from that V8 vehicle I drive should balance out the garbage burning, right?
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment