Monday, February 20, 2012

Well, that was okey dokey

We didn't come home with any points this weekend but I call it a success anyway.  First, I managed to go to the show by myself with 2 dogs to show, 4 along for the ride, unload, set up and potty all of them without incident.  And my biggest accomplishment--groom Reid for the ring.  Thankfully Sahra had him ready to go except for chalking and fluffing.  I overestimated my physical ability to drive roundtrip on Friday and show twice--that up at 2 a.m. home at 9 p.m. did me in and I opted not to show on Sat.   I was proud of how Gus and Reid showed for me--especially Gus who actually behaved for the most part.  Reid and I have obvious issues with him thinking we are in play mode together, but it's okay, I just know that Sahra needs to show him and I need to be his play buddy.  On Sunday Reid had some absolutely lovely comments by two Collie people and it meant more to me than anything all weekend.  And we got to be there to see Amy and Fletcher get the major win in rough boys! So now Reid goes back to WI, Gus goes back to MN and I wait to enter Declan and finish his last three minors.  And there is a lovely little smooth girl with my name on it growing up to hit the ring in the summer.  Smoothies Rule--Roughies go to Sahra! :-)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment