Saturday, June 18, 2011

Show News

Spice and I headed out to Ft. Dodge this morning in the fog.  I'd like to thank the weather angels for giving us a rain free and cloudy day.  Jean arrived first and got prime shade parking just yards from the building.  Charlie and Trace road along for a bit of torturous "be good" time.  They were perfect gentlemen and I got the cutest pic of them pouting in the crate together.  It's difficult to determine which one of them is the instigator of mayhem and which one is the follower.  I guess it doesn't matter, they have each others back.  Trace ducks between the gate and the post and Charlie flies over the fence, both to freedom.  But I digress. 
Spice was Reserve Winner's Bitch today and I was tickled!  I haven't shown her much and try to leave the grooming to Sahra so that Spice actually looks good, but today I was on my own for grooming and showing.  In a way I am grateful that she is out of coat, it is certainly easier to deal with.  I felt she looked glorious albeit a bit bare, and wow it felt great to move her out in the ring.  She is a fun dog to show and I look forward to spending more time showing her this year.  Jean had a terrific day with her Hoover puppy in Cardigans and I brought home 10 frozen homegrown chickens.  The dogs have backs and necks and the gross stuff like hearts, etc.  I have awesome cut up chickens to cook.  One is thawing for Sunday dinner.  And yet again off topic, the garden is yielding some darn good onions right now and my herbs, with the exception of my basil, is looking great.  I picked thyme and lavender the other day, put the thyme in my salad and the lavender is still on the window sill.  It smells like spring and once it is dried, well guess what everyone I know is getting for Christmas this year?  Along with my own pickles and homemade salsa if the stupid tomato plants every pick up the pace.  The pepper, cucumbers and squash all look good.  The rabbit(s) have about taken out the beans.  Bad Rabbit.  The peas are hiding in the weeds.  Bad Judy.
Next week I'm off to the local Iowa City show with Spice and Declan.  Declan is about as ready as he is going to get at this point without me waiting indefinitely, he has leveled out and his head is good again, so we will play.  I'm going to try and show him myself.  Let us pray.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment